Thursday, April 23, 2009

Why Baltimore (Doesn't) Need Indoor Football

As I begin to dig deeper into the long and storied history of the Mariners, I stumbled up an article titled "Why Baltimore Needs Indoor Football." It was a fascinating read, but factually inaccurate.

The Article explains that Baltimore needs indoor football because the city needs "Exciting, fast paced, high scoring, hard-hitting professional football." No, what Baltimore needs is a stable economy and a homicide rate that isn't second in the nation

Next, the article goes on to say that the players, if you can call them that, are our hometown heroes, our weekend warriors. I think they need to redefine what it means to be a hero. Examples:
Hero:
Not a Hero:












Hero:
Not a Hero:












And finally, the article wraps up by saying these are the guys you followed from Pop Warner. I dunno bout ya'll, but I personally do not nor will I ever will follow strangers playing Pop Warner football. If these are the fans who follow the Mariners, I don't think I would bring my child to a game.

The Mariner's next game is Friday, April 24 against the Florence Phantoms. Free Trenchcoats and sungless will be given to the first 1,500 fans in attendance. And at halftime, all children in attendance are invited to play in the special "Mariner Fun Cave," a clothing-optional, interactive play area. Candy will be provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment